The White Horse Federation
The White Horse Federation is a Multi Academy Trust of primary schools, secondary schools and special schools. The trust came into being in September 2012 when two exceptional leaders and educational visionaries came together to develop a unique and genuine life-changing education entity. Dr Nicholas Capstick and Lauren Connor are two of the country’s outstanding school leaders. They are both National Education Leaders who have also led schools out of special measures and in to outstanding categories. They both help other educational leaders define and plan for success. Their shared vision; the knowledge that together they can go forward faster – giving even more young people the education opportunities they deserve.
The WHF is based on some key core principles and passions. At the heart of its belief system is the cornerstone of using collaboration to provide a first class education to a wide range of children This means that each child can more fully understand what they are capable of, what talents they have and collectively strive for excellence. This excellence is vital for pupils’ success in the next phase of their education and in the world of work.
It’s this holistic approach that underpins all that we do at the WHF. And it’s fuelled by the shared moral compass of all SMT members and directors and underpinned by the commitment of all our colleagues to do what is right for the children and young people in their care. This coupled with a strong duty of care to ensure the wellbeing and self-esteem of our learners as citizens is nurtured and supported, lies at the very core of our Trust.
We’re also committed to keeping the best of what makes a great local school while combining it with the economies of scale and the behind the scene benefits which support good teaching and learning.
And, as collaboration permeates every level of our organisation, we value the sharing of information in open communication. All colleagues have a relentless focus on results and this is underpinned by their own on-going learning.
The White Horse Federation offers:
- The WHF are committed to excellence in education, ensuring high quality provision for all learners.
- A creative, progressive and socially responsible organisation.
- The WHF have an established track record of high quality education services and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- We are committed to offering high quality professional development opportunities to all our staff.
- A recognition that all schools are unique, the WHF are committed in maintaining the ‘local’ school with governance that is responsive to community needs.
- Building valuable and sustainable partnerships and collaborations to deliver school improvement