HOW THE GOVERNING BODY WORKS?
The Members and Member Appointed Directors
The White Horse Federation is a Multi Academy Trust. It’s Certificate of Incorporation of a Private Limited Company (8075785) was issued on the 18th May 2012.
Governance of the WHF falls within the responsibility of Members and Member Appointed Directors of the Board.
The primary function of Members and Member Appointed Directors of the Board is to protect the interests and assets of all of the establishments within the Multi Academy Trust.
In particular they have the responsibility for:
- ensuring the reputation of the Multi Academy Trust is continually strengthened and is not compromised.
- setting the vision and values, ethos and strategic direction of the MAT.
- deciding and developing policy for the MAT and delegate appropriate and proportional delegated powers to sub committees and Local Governing Bodies.
- identifying terms of reference for the committees and the Local Governing Bodies and ensuring these are reviewed every 4 years.
The Board of Directors is made up of a range of TWHF employees and external board members who bring additional and complementary skills sets and expertise to those of TWHF directors and members. The Board of Directors meet 6 times per year. The membership of the Board of directors consists of the Chair and Vice Chair, the CEO and Managing Director, all of whom are permanent board members. However according to need or situation the Primary Director, Secondary Director, HR Director, Finance Director, Commercial Director, Estates Manager and IT Manager, may also be asked to attend as required.
The Board is responsible for
- The formulation and implementation of the TWHF strategy and future growth and development.
- The effective management of the Academies, Teaching Schools and Children’s Centres and other associated settings within the MAT.
- The financial performance and monitoring of all settings within the MAT
- The educational and academic performance and monitoring of all settings within the MAT