Outside of work
Along with my wife I run a catering supplies company, supplying local pubs, clubs, schools and businesses with napkins, paperware, hygiene & catering supplies, whilst nationally we are one of the largest suppliers of Christmas crackers and novelties to the hotel industry. Amongst our many customers are Accor Hotels, Jurys Inns, Marriott and Gordon Ramsay Holdings.
Running your own business requires you to be motivated and competent in all aspects of business management, accounting, marketing etc. This also gives me the flexibility to undertake my Chairs roles and responsibilities.
- BTEC Business Studies (approx. 1980)
- National College – Chairs of Governors’ Leadership Development (on going)
- Chair of one of the UK’s first federations of schools
- Chair of Governors – Moredon Primary & Nursery School, Ofsted 2008 – Outstanding
- Chair of Governors – Rodbourne Cheney Primary School, Ofsted 2010 – Outstanding
- Pride of Swindon Award 2012
- Accredited National Leader of Governance May 2014