Dr Nicholas Capstick, OBE is currently the CEO of The White Horse Federation. He has overall responsibility for the trust’s performance and delivery, and is directly accountable to the executive board of directors and the chair.
As well as overseeing the educational arm of the organisation, Dr Capstick’s remit includes leading and managing the federation’s teaching school and the central support infrastructure. In addition to this, he currently holds school improvement roles within two TWHF schools.
Outside of the federation, Dr Capstick regularly works for the Regional School’s Commissioner, supporting the academies programme and vulnerable schools across the South West.
- PhD Educational Psychology and Management (Modular)
- MSc Educational Management
- D’Ed 1st English and Drama
- Awarded the Order of the British Empire for Outstanding Services to Education, 2016
- Winner of the Headteacher of the Year Award, 2009
- National Leader of Education
- Winner of the Pride of Swindon Award
- Winner of the National GTC Award -- Carol Adams Memorial Award
- Led Drove Primary School to being Runners-up in the “Most Outstanding School of the Year” Award in 2012