After an early career in research science, Fiona began teaching, rapidly being promoted to headship in a large, secondary school in England, which was internationally focused, welcoming children and young people from all parts of the globe. This expanded to a small group including two primary schools, a nursery and the setup of the first ‘space specialism’ studio school in the UK. She has a reputation for growing and developing leaders in her own schools, and more widely, most of whom are now highly successful headteachers and executive heads themselves. A wider perspective was gained through her time with a national multi-academy trust, leading inspection and QA, and the set-up of new Free schools and studio schools. She now works across the independent and international education sector in search and placement. To maintain her currency with educational research, she is an examiner at Oxford University on the MSc in Teaching and Learning.
- Background in research science, then rapid promotion to secondary headship in maintained sector
- Previous experience of executive headship of group of schools – from nursery to sixth form
- Multi-academy specialist from small and local, to national, groups
- Former Ofsted inspector, and Oxford University examiner at Masters level
- Currently, recruitment director and consultant at senior strategic level for schools and school groups world-wide