Over the next two weeks, the online admissions facilities will be opening for places at The White Horse Federation’s secondary schools. The official application commencement date differs depending on the local authority responsible for each school:
- Devizes & Melksham Oak Community School (Wiltshire) — 1st September
- Ridgeway School (Swindon) — 3rd September
- Gloucester Academy (Gloucestershire) — 3rd September
- John Madejski Academy (Reading) — 12th September
Making an Application
In order to submit an online application, you must first create a personalised account. To access the online account facility, click the link below to the secondary admissions page of the relevant local authority and follow the guidance provided:
When it comes to filling out the application form, you will be required to list the schools that you are applying for in order of preference. Please note that you must apply for a minimum of 3 schools.
If you would prefer to make an application by filling out and submitting a physical form, contact your local council and they will send you the form through the post.
The application criteria for each school is either set by the school themselves or the local council. However, they may give priority to applicants who:
- Have a brother or sister at the school already.
- Live close to the school.
- Went to a particular primary school.
- Are in care or being looked after.
- Are eligible for the pupil premium.
In the event that your child is not admitted to their school of choice, you do have the option to appeal. Details regarding this will be provided on the confirmation letter you receive from the local council.
Application Deadline and Confirmation
The national deadline for all secondary school applications is 31st October 2018, so be sure to have completed and submitted your applications before then. Confirmations will be sent by local councils on 1st March 2019.