Outside of work
Outside of work
- Charlotte is a mentor for The Aspire Foundation, the not-for-profit and social responsibility organisation with the goal of inspiring and empowering women working in charities and social enterprises across the world.
- She also regularly mentors University of Warwick MBA students.
- Charlotte is a volunteer with Young Enterprise in the South West, helping to make the connection between school and the world of work.
- She enjoys spending time with friends and family, as well as gardening and travelling.
- She is married to a keen Manchester United fan.
Charlotte has worked with books, newspapers and magazines throughout her career to date, initially in retail and then wholesaling, both at the WHSmith Group, and more recently in publishing and distribution as Managing Director of a jointly-owned subsidiary of Hearst Magazines and Conde Nast Publishing.
- Experience in corporate governance and risk management through various Board roles, as a Pension Trustee and Chair of a not-for-profit industry body
- Strong skills in change and project management, havng led and supported mergers and acquisitions, major system implementations and process reengineering programs
- As leader, mentor and manager; recruiting, retaining and developing people to optimise their strengths
- Developing strong relationships both within the business as well as with clients, customers and trading partners; open, honest and clear communicator
This is Charlotte’s first role within the education sector, an intentional step as she is passionate about the role education has in enabling children to achieve what they are truly capable of, and hopes to actively support TWHF in their goal to deliver a first class education to every child.