Nick Van Zeller
Outside of work
Nick is married to a teacher who works part time at The Mary Hare School, near Newbury, a school for the profoundly deaf, who is also a Trustee for the Foundation.
Nick is a keen supporter of a number of charities, most particularly Orbis, an international charity, fighting avoidable blindness amongst the poor. It is particularly well known for its use of a flying eye hospital, a specially converted McDonnell Douglas DC-10 aircraft.
Travel is one of his wide ranging interests, having trekked in Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan and Ethiopia.
Nick has been with Knight Frank, an international property partnership with around 400 offices in some 50 countries employing around 14,000 people, for most of his working life.
His final role was head of KF’s residential business in the UK, responsible for over 30 profit centres. As a consequence of this appointment and those before his skills include :-
- A lifetime career spent in residential property, including valuations, legal matters, planning and marketing.
- An innate ability to negotiate and manage people.
- A desire, in the main, to be collaborative, borne out of necessity having been part of a relatively small partnership for 18 years.
- Strategic thinking, managing change and expansion.
- Maintaining an honourable and skilled reputation in a very competitive environment.