Outside of work
Having graduated in Economics from Cambridge University I spent 14 years developing a successful career in fund management with Hambros and Mercury Asset Management. On leaving the City, I moved to Wiltshire where in 1998 I became a Magistrate and in 2011 Chair of Governors at a School for pupils, both day and residential, with autism and complex emotional issues. I remain a Director and Company Secretary of a private investment company.
- Experience in financial sector and corporate governance
- Chair in both the Adult and Youth Criminal Magistrates’ Courts in Swindon and Wiltshire, and more recently a member of the
- Family Bench dealing with a variety of cases relating to children, child protection, and family breakdown.
- Extensive knowledge of the Special Needs education sector, particularly in management and governance. I also have a depth of recognition as to the difficulties faced by vulnerable pupils whether gifted or less able.
- Built up extensive knowledge around Local Authority and Regional Schools Commissioners approach to schools and undertaken extensive due diligence into the Multi Academy Trust sector.