Merry Christmas to Everyone At The White Horse Federation
This year has been like none before. All of our staff at The White Horse Federation have had to go through new pressures and adapt their teaching to a whole new situation. However, there is still plenty to be grateful for!
Our CEO Dr Nick Capstick OBE has made this Christmas thank you video you can view at the bottom of this page.
Considering how well our school communities have come through this exceptionally difficult year, we think it’s so important to give a big thank you to all our staff this Christmas.
This year, we’ve:
- Successfully communicated with our parent community during National school closures, and supported key worker families exceptionally.
- Continued to educate our students by delivering an excellent home learning provision that made sure our children had the best support possible to keep learning during lockdown.
- Launched a campaign to provide home learning devices for disadvantaged families that was featured on the national news.
- Successfully opened a brand-new secondary school at Whitelands, during a national lockdown and pandemic.
- Ran a full reopening of all our schools, putting in place a whole set of new measures that
With christmas approaching, we’d like to mention the amazing christmas celebrations we’ve again seen this year in spite of all of the important restrictions!
The christmas nativity plays we see at our primary schools every year are truly heartwarming, and it was of course disappointing that parents could not be there in person to watch their children. However, it was fantastic to see so many schools embracing the challenge of digitally broadcasting their nativity plays and christmas carols. We’ve had a lot of fun watching along as our children make memories they’ll remember for years to come.
Christmas time is also a period where we see some amazing fundraising and charity work in our schools. This year was no different with schools raising thousands of pounds to make christmas hampers for vulnerable families, with the donations raised for multiple charities on christmas jumper days, with the schools and pupils who have been making gifts and sending letters to care homes, and the many other initiatives we have seen around the federation!
For all that they’ve done this year, I’d like to give a massive thanks to:
- All the exceptional teachers and support staff in our schools.
- The Principals and Headteachers who deliver so much.
- All the leaders and support staff at our Central Office.
- Our amazing pupils and students and their parents and carers.
- Our Trust Board, for keeping a wary eye on us.
- Our Governors who serve our schools so well.
- The special friends we work with like Eduprise.
- All our friends and family who do so much to support us at home!
There’s no telling what the coming year holds for us all, and of course we all hope that things get back to normal in the not too distant future. Whatever it throws at us, I know that with the amazing staff we have at The White Horse Federation, we’ll be up for the challenge.