The White Horse Federation is fully committed to developing a world-class workforce, and we focus on helping our staff to develop their skills further and elevate themselves in the workplace. Through access to a range of apprenticeships, staff at The White Horse Federation are able to receive tailored training and support, whether they are looking to embark on a new career or take that next step in their current one.
Prior to the start of the apprenticeship
- You will have a meeting with your line manager to ensure that the commissioning process is followed.
- Once they are happy and wish to take it further, they’ll send an email to the Learning and Development Department.
- Learning and Development will provide you with guidance and support on the right apprenticeship course for you, and they’ll assist with the application process.
- They will also identify any additional support requirements, supporting those apprentices with disabilities and/or learning difficulties.
- All parties will sign a Commitment Statement, setting out the roles and responsibilities on all sides for the apprenticeship programme.
At the start of the apprenticeship
- You’ll receive an induction into the apprenticeship programme, which may include a college induction and an induction into any college-based courses.
- You’ll be issued with an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and the Commitment Statement, which will set out a training and assessment plan, identify the time spent between on-the-job and off-the-job training, as well as the requirements of the apprenticeship course itself.
At the end of the apprenticeship
- For those following an Apprenticeship Standard, an End Point Assessment will be carried out by an independent assessor.
- You’ll receive certification of any qualifications achieved, including any End Point Assessments and the apprenticeship completion certificate.
- The Learning and Development Department will then provide further advice and guidance on further progression, including support with applying for the next level of apprenticeship if available and suitable.