The White Horse Federation is a multi-academy trust (MAT). Its Certificate of Incorporation as a Private Limited Company (8075785) was issued on 18th May 2012.
Governance of The White Horse Federation falls within the responsibility of Members and the Board of Trustees
The primary function of the Members is to oversee the proper and effective operation of the Board of Trustees.
The Members meet at least twice a year and by invitation of the Board may attend one of the Board of Trustees meetings annually in a non-voting capacity.
Trustees, who are also Directors are responsible for:
- Setting the vision and values, ethos, and strategic direction of the MAT.
- The effective management of the Academies and other associated settings;
- Financial, educational and academic performance and monitoring of all settings within TWHF;
- Developing and implementing a risk management strategy and making major decisions about TWHF including its funding applications, capital initiatives and key contracts.
- Ensuring the reputation of the MAT is continually strengthened and is not compromised.
- Identifying terms of reference for the Board’s committees and the Local Governing Bodies, and ensuring these are reviewed.
Board of Trustees
Chair of Trust Board, Committee membership: Teaching, Learning and Standards; Finance, Capital and Resources Committee
Lead trustee for Whistleblowing. Committee membership: Risk and Audit
Chair of Teaching, Learning and Standards Committee. Chair of Pay and Remunerations Committee. Committee membership: Teaching, Learning and Standards. Finance, Capital and Resources, Pay and Remunerations. Lead Trustee for: Safeguarding, Pupil Premium, Looked After Children and Church School Distinctiveness.
Vice - Chair of Risk and Audit Committee. Committee membership: Risk and Audit, People, Pay and Remunerations. Lead Trustee for: Governance. Vice-Chair of Trust Board
Vice - Chair of Teaching, Learning and Standards Committee. Chair of Finance, Capital and Resources Committee. Committee membership: Teaching, Learning and Standards, Finance. Lead Trustee for: Green and Sustainability
Representative of TWHF Local Governing Bodies, Chair of Chairs. Lead Trustee for SEND
TWHF CEO, TWHF Accounting Officer. Committee membership: Teaching, Learning and Standards
Trustee, Committee membership: Teaching, Learning and Standards
Trustee Register 2023-2024
Chair of members. Salisbury Diocese Board of Education Foundation Member
Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education Corporate Member
Member appointed Member
Member appointed Member
Each school has its own Local Governing Body (LGB).
The Board of Trustees has clearly identified the areas of responsibility it delegates to LGBs. Although not in any way legally responsible, and not itself accountable for statutory functions, the LGB has an important role to play in assisting the school to operate effectively in line with the wishes of Board of Trustees.
Every two years one of the Chairs is elected by fellow Chairs and then co-opted by Trustees onto the Board.