The White Horse Federation is a multi-academy trust (MAT). Its Certificate of Incorporation as a Private Limited Company (8075785) was issued on 18th May 2012.
Governance of The White Horse Federation falls within the responsibility of Members and the Board of Trustees
The primary function of the Members is to oversee the proper and effective operation of the Board of Trustees.
The Members meet at least twice a year and by invitation of the Board may attend one of the Board of Trustees meetings annually in a non-voting capacity.
Trustees, who are also Directors are responsible for:
- Setting the vision and values, ethos, and strategic direction of the MAT.
- The effective management of the Academies and other associated settings;
- Financial, educational and academic performance and monitoring of all settings within TWHF;
- Developing and implementing a risk management strategy and making major decisions about TWHF including its funding applications, capital initiatives and key contracts.
- Ensuring the reputation of the MAT is continually strengthened and is not compromised.
- Identifying terms of reference for the Board’s committees and the Local Governing Bodies, and ensuring these are reviewed.